Toes by Simon Roberts
Tunes are on and home is near.
TeamRobertsV2 <3 O’ahu.
Check out our latest project!
Just a short list of ways that dates happen in our house.
- Say it! You can start with “Honey, I’d really like to go out on a date with you to… on…”
- Write them a love note. “Being married to you makes me feel like the luckiest guy/gal in the world. You are handsome, talented and loving. Would you join me for a date on Monday evening?”
- Make it a surprise! (Not advised if your spouse hates surprises.) “I want to take you out on a date, but it’s a surprise.” You may also want to make clothing suggestions based on climate, occasion, etc.
- Don’t tell them it’s a date. “Would you like join me for a walk in the park, this weekend?”
- Suggest that you meet somewhere. “Tonight after work, instead of going straight home, let’s meet up for a date…”
- Make it about them. “Babycakes, I really want to spend some time with you this evening. Where would you like to go on a date?”
- Choose something that you have in common. “Babe, let’s face it. I like food, you like food…. We should go out to eat together.”
- Relive an old place that you shared dates in the past (awesome memories only!). “Sugarplum, do you remember that little theater in Townville we used to go to?…”
- Beg them. Okay, it’s not the best way, but if you stress the importance, it could help. “Sweetie, it would really mean a lot to me if we could go on a date…” and a few please please please’s wouldn’t hurt.
- Write a blog post about ways to get a spouse to ask you on a date, then ask them to proofread. :-D
This is how we pimp our ride. How do you pimp yours?
… to move you, to make you think more clearly, sometimes we need to break to see the piece that’s missing…
[…or is it the “peace” that’s missing…?…]
We often wonder what our army men are up to when we’re not home…